Do You Constantly Have Anxiety, Headaches or Migraines That Cannot Be Explained? It May Be These Light Bulbs!

Have you replaced the old-fashioned standard light bulbs with the new energy efficient ones? Well, you’ve made a big mistake.

Apparently, these light bulbs that save energy are extremely toxic and  harmful for our health. Because of this the U.S.

Environmental Protection Agency has laid out an emergency protocol to teach us how to act in the case of a bulb breakage, and prevent the harmful effects of the release of the poison gas.

The results of a study conducted at the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency showed that when they have been broken indoors, the energy-saving light bulbs release 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into the air.

These light bulbs can cause:

  • Fatigue
  • Anxiety
  • Migraines
  • Dizziness
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Cluster headaches
  • Seizures


Here are the three most important things you need to be about these bulbs :


  1. They contain a substance known as mercury, which is a powerful neurotoxin causing horrible effects on children and pregnant women. This substance is especially harmful and toxic for the brain, liver, kidneys and the nervous system. It damages the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive system. Exposure to mercury can cause memory loss, headaches, anxiety, insomnia, tremors and Alzheimer’s.
  2. Energy Saving Bulbs Emit a Lot of UV Rays

These lamps release UV-B and traces of UV-C radiation, which can cause  damage to the eyes and can result in skin cancer.

This radiation also attacks the immune system and damages the skin tissues. In this way the proper formation of vitamin D-3 is  prevented.

  1. Energy Saving Light Bulbs are Cancer-Linked

Peter Braun at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory conducted a study that revealed some shocking facts. Namely,these light bulbs contain 3 well known carcinogens:

  • Naphthalene – A volatile white crystalline compound, a product of the distillation of coal tar, used as a material for chemical manufacture and in  in mothballs.
  • Phenol – It is a product of coal tar and is often used in chemical manufacture.
  • Styrene – This is an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, which is obtained as a petroleum byproduct.


The presented facts are good reasons to go back to regular light bulbs, right?

Any breakage poses extremely serious health risks.

Due to this, the Environmental Protection Agency has created a very detailed protocol which serves to help one deal with the mercury and cancer-linked chemicals in these light bulbs.

In the event of a bulb breakage, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency provides the following emergency procedure guidelines:

Before Cleanup


Children and pets should not be in the room. You need to open a door or a window to air out the room for at least ten minutes. Also, shut off the central forced-air heating/air-conditioning system.

You will need the following materials:

  • Damp paper towels or disposable wet wipes
  • Stiff paper or cardboard
  • A glass jar with a metal lid or a sealable plastic bag.
  • Sticky tape

During Cleanup

Collect the powder and broken glass but don’t vacuum. This may spread the mercury-containing powder or mercury vapor. Scoop up the glass fragments and powder using cardboard or stiff paper. Use the sticky tape to pick up the smallest remains.

In the end place it in the plastic bag or  glass jar.The cleanup materials should be stored in a sealable container.

After Cleanup

After the cleanup be sure to air out the room for a few hours. Turn off the air conditioning or heating off.

You mustn’t leave any cleanup materials or bulb pieces at home.

Instead, put all bulb debris and cleanup materials outdoors in a trash container or protected area.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *