A good sleep is very important for how our body functions. You can read everywhere that we all need a good sleep of at least 8 hours. Millions of people suffer from insomnia and have difficulties falling asleep. Sleep deprivation can cause negative effects on our health.
If you suffer from insomnia you are familiar with the feeling of frustration and struggle. This disease can be a result of many factors some of them being biological factors, sleep patterns physical and psychiatric medical conditions.
According to research, insomnia might be a consequence of mild to severe factors. However, in most of the cases the brain’s confusion between sleep cycle and the wake cycle is the main reason for insomnia.
These are the most common factors which can lead to insomnia:
- Neurological Conditions
- Endocrine Problems (Thyroid Disorders)
- Chronic Pain
- Nasal / Sinus Allergies
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Lower Back Pain
Insomnia may also be a result of certain substances and activities, like alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, or eating heavily, especially spicy foods, before going to sleep. Chronic insomnia affects the quality of life and can raise the risk of depression and high blood pressure.
These are the most common symptoms of insomnia:
- Poor Memory
- Increased fatigue during daylight
- Mood Swings
- Increased accidents
- Inability to focus or concentrate
- Low motivation or energy
In the case of insomnia, people are usually prescribed to take sleeping pills, or “sedative hypnotics,” including benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and various other hypnotic drugs. Benzodiazepines are usually used to treat anxiety, but lead to sleeping difficulties, and drowsiness.
If people suffer from insomnia, doctors usually prescribe them sleeping pills such as benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and various other hypnotic drugs. Benzodiazepines are usually used to treat anxiety, but lead to sleeping difficulties, and drowsiness.
These include Xanax, Valium, Ativan, and Librium. Barbiturates act by depressing the central nervous system and leads to sedation. Sleep-inducing drugs easily promote sleep and increase drowsiness, such as Lunesta, Sonata, and Ambien.
Yet, these drugs cause numerous side-effects. These are the most common adverse effects of the use of sleeping pills like Sonata, halcyon, Lunesta, Ambien, and Rozerem:
- Daytime drowsiness
- Burning or tingling in the legs, feet, or hands
- Uncontrollable shaking of the body
- Attention or memory issues
- Difficulty keeping balance
- Changes in appetite
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth or throat
Use Nutmeg To Treat Insomnia
You can always opt for a natural remedy instead of taking sleeping pills.Nutmeg is spice that is abundant in various health benefits as it :
- helps in body detoxification and digestion
- soothes pain
- boosts skin health
- boosts immune system
- improves blood circulation
This is an incredibly effective natural remedy for sleep disorders. It has mild sedative properties which are extremely helpful in the case of insomnia.
Instructions of how to use nutmeg
- Grind the dried nutmeg, and add 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg to a glass of warm water. Consume this remedy 4-5 hours before going to sleep.
- Make sure you consume it moderately, as it can act as a toxin in excessive amounts. If you experience hallucinations, you should contact poison control.
- Consult your doctor before start taking any natural remedy