The summer is almost here and we are eager to try some watermelon. It is widely assumed that the watermelon juice is just water with some flavor , but believe us it’s not that way.
This delicious tasting juice has many health benefits. Despite being low in calories, as well as many other kinds of fruits it also reduces the risk of various lifestyle-related health problems. Some of them include: obesity, diabetes, heart disease. The watermelon juice can also increase our energy and improve our complexion.
However, cutting a watermelon can sometimes get slippery and messy. Most of the times a lot of the watermelon gets wasted and thrown out with the rind. If you want to find out a way to easily cut a watermelon into cubes with hardly any waste follow this one:
Follow the instructions and step-by-step photos below.
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: 1 watermelon, cubed
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ripe watermelon
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 bowl
- Cut watermelon in half, crosswise.
- Place each half cut side down on the cutting board.
- Slice each half lengthwise and then crosswise, creating a grid. You’ll have lots of rectangle pieces.
- Take each rectangle piece and slice of the rind. Cut each rectangle into cubes.
- Place in bowl and enjoy or store in airtight container in freezer.
Use watermelon cubes in salads, on skewers with feta and mint, or freeze them and blend them into smoothies. They make the perfect summer snack! *Pro tip: Chill your watermelon in the fridge before slicing.
Source : theheartysoul.com